Little Makers - 2-Part Class
- Workshop by: Sew Much Awesome
- Skill level: Beginners
- Ages: 6 - 12 years
- Date & Time:
- Tuesdays to Fridays: 3pm to 4.30pm // 4pm to 5.30pm
- Saturdays: 9.30am to 11am // 11am to 12.30pm // 1.30pm to 3pm // 3pm to 4.30pm
- View the full monthly calendar on our Events Calendar page*
- At check out, choose a date and time for the first class
- Workshop size: Max 6 per class
- Fee: RM160 (Members: RM152)
- What's included:
- Two 1.5 hour sessions
- Choice of fabric and use of any of our tools and trims for the project
*Classes do not need to be attended consecutively, though, we encourage attending at least one class a week. If you're looking for an alternative time and date, do drop us a line at email@example.com.
* Classes purchased are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. *
*** We will be closed on 1 May and 9 May (for polling) ***
Be amazed by your kids sewing their own creation! Our easy-to-follow classes, use a fun and practical approach with close supervision and guidance from an experienced teacher. No prior experience is needed - kids from as young as 6 years old can take part and everyone learns at their own pace.
Your child will be able to choose from the following projects (depending on the child's skill and complexity of project, it normally takes between 2 - 3 classes to complete):
- Plushie pincushion
- Mobile pouch
- Stationery pouch
- Drawstring backpack
- Sling purse
- Little tote bag
- Monster doll
- Fabric basket
Students are also encouraged to design their own creations and bring to life their imagination.
Your child will also learn these technical skills:
- Threading and operating a modern sewing machine
- Usage of iron for pressing
- Cutting of fabric
- Construction of items using fabric
Learning the life skill of sewing enables your child to practice:
- Concentration -- sewing on the machine trains their focus
- Creative choices -- making them and taking pride in them
- Commitment -- they will see a project through from beginning to end
- Coordination -- they will work their motor skills while they sew on the machine and by hand
- Problem-solving -- Mistakes may happen, but so can creative solutions!
Children will take home their completed projects to keep (many choose to give their projects to a loved one, too).
About the teacher:
Miss Ching believes in letting children explore their creativity at their own pace in a safe and encouraging environment. She has taught children English, computer lessons, and sewing. She also hosts sewing parties for children. You can call her Miss Ching, Teacher Ching, Aunty Ching, or as a group of 8-yr old girls christened her, "Aunty-Teacher Ching". Do drop by if you'd like to meet her in person!
At check-out, select "Pickup" as the delivery method
Click "Pick up date and time"
Choose the date and time of the workshop
Bring along your happy face and email confirmation for class