Denim Messenger Bag
Skill level: Beginner
No. of Classes: 2 classes, 2.5 hours each
Date & Time:
- Tuesdays to Fridays: 9.30am & 1.30pm
- Saturdays: 10am
- View the full monthly calendar on our Events Calendar page*
Workshop size: 6 per class
Fee: RM280 (Members: RM266)
What's included: Choice of fabric, bag hardware, and use of any of our tools and trims for your project
*If you're looking for an alternative time and date, do drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Classes purchased are valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. *
This project is a great way to start your bag making adventures! This messenger bag comes with outer and inner slip pockets. Pick your choice of fabric combination for the flap and the lining to match with a thick dark denim. Perfect for the weekend or a day out grocery shopping - this bag fits your purse, phone, keys, lip balm and other little essentials. It comes with a velcro closure to keep your things secure, and has an adjustable strap so you can carry it cross body. The finished bag size is W26cm X L16cm X D6cm.
In this workshop you'll learn how to:
- Measure and cut fabric correctly
- Plan and sew custom length bag straps
- Sew outer and inner pockets
- Attach bag closures and bag lining
- Install bag hardware
- Construct their own bag from start to finish using real bagmaking techniques
NOTE: To attend this class you will need to have basic sewing skills and be able to sew a straight line confidently. You can attend our Super Starters class to get started if you have not made anything before.
At check-out, select "Pickup" as the delivery method
Click "Pick up time and date"
Choose the time and date of the workshop
Bring along your happy face and email confirmation for class